What's New ?
My aim is to continually update my page to keep it fresh & interesting.
Please check back regularly to see what I've been up to.
You can also choose to
add my RSS feed.
March 02, 2014
I've not quite given up with the old site yet!
- Amazing new plans for Hotel QE2 in Dubai, which are delighting
QE2 fans around the world.
Click here for more.
- QE2 to Host fabulous New Year's Party - the first time she's
opened to the public for more than three years! News travels
like wildfire around the world, proving how popular QE2 still is.
- A look back at 2 years of waiting for the poor old QE2 -
- Although the situation with QE2 is unchanged, I have added a
note on the QE2 News 2010 page to say so -
- I captured some wonderful bridgecam pictures from QE2 of her
making a rare stormy transatlantic crossing and arriving in New York
at dawn - with the manhattan skyline over her bow. It was
awesome to watch. I just wish I'd been there.
Click here to view.
- SS Norway / SS France / "Blue Lady" is finally dragged onto the
beach at Alang shipbreakers after a very long struggle.
Link to pictures here.
- 1st - Blue Lady/SS Norway/SS France - the end gets even closer.
- Updated my "sexist Mini Adverts"
page for the first time in about 8 or 9 years. For some reason,
despite never updating this page, its stayed incredibly popular...
- Further to occasional email requests, and many inaccuracies on the
internet, I've created a page detailing
QE2's fuel consumption and MPG.
And yes it does do more than 6 inches per gallon...
- New Queen
Mary link added with pictures of her beautiful original art deco
- New QE2 link added
with pictures and plans of her original layouts.
- Mini Books, Videos, DVDs, Games & Music
- My write up of my Spanish Holiday
in June is finally nearing completion! I thought I'd better do it while
I could still remember what happened...
- Link added to my QE2 News Page with
news of her possibly continuing for another decade!
- Link added to my QM2 page with
Amazing photos of the Queen Mary 2 during her first ever refit at the Blohm &
Voss shipyard in Hamburg.
- Updated my 2004 Mini Cooper Rolling
Report to reflect the fact that in over a year of use there has not been a
single fault with it.
- Link added to QE2 Page of excellent
Blog and Podcast of QE2's historic December 2004 Transatlantic crossing.
- I found a brochure in my old bedroom at my Mum's house from 1989 for the
Mini ERA Turbo so I've scanned
it in and dedicated a page to it.
- 30th - I have a new MINI!
- 12th - Updates to Aquitania and
Transvaal Castle pages.
- 7th - Have added a rant about the Royal Mail -
whose service has made me very angry.
- An amazing exchange added to the
Aquitania page as WW2 veterans meet
up after an initial contact on my website!
- New section - 'The Earth' -
reflecting this most important of my current interests.
- About Me updated
- New posting on the
Aquitania page from an American WW2 veteran who travelled home on her.
- A couple of new 'rants' added.
Sorry for no other updates just now - just been too busy having a life!
- (26th) - Added Boston Globe QM2
- (17th) - Yet more new links added onto
- (14th) - Live reviews from on board during the maiden
voyage available - see my QM2 page for more
- Queen Mary 2 Reviews page
added with 4 reviews - prior to maiden
- Queen Mary 2 Page
updated with links to photos and information about the QM2 arriving in
Southampton for the first time, her naming ceremony and her maiden voyage.
- QE2 page
updated to reflect her new position next to her younger, bigger (tackier?)
- My domain name expires due to incompetence on the part
of NetNames who, despite taking my money a month previously, did not actually
renew my domain until it expired. This left me without my website and
email. I wouldn't mind so much if they were the cheapest!
- Queen Mary 2 photo added to front page, with link to
the French shipyard where she is being constructed added to my
Queen Mary 2 page.
- Scotland page made
slightly less embarrassingly out of date, but most of it is still from 1994!!
- New QE2 Books &
Video Shop page added
- New Queen Mary Book & Video shop
- Mazda Miata/MX-5 / Eunos books all revised and updated!
- Mini books, DVDs and videos added to heavily revised Mini Shop!
- MINI Books added to New Mini page
- Photos of my new nephew Gavin Robert Wilson added to About
- Photo of me on Ben A'an added to About Me
- Website back online following cock-ups on behalf of my Domain Name
provider and ISP.
- My MINI Rolling Report updated to
reflect my breakdown on the motorway!
- Final Entry into Brum's Rolling Report
- he's moved to Skye!
- New page added about new Cunard Ocean Liner - QE3?
- My MINI Rolling Report revised
- Ocean Liner shop Revised & Updated - even includes some videos now!
- www.roblightbody.com is now
finally on a properly managed domain! So no more adverts and tripod
unreliability (but at least it was free)
- JFK Assassination page added (work in
- Added a wee bit about My Friends the Marianos
and a photo too.
- Updated my Brum Running Report again
- Updated my Austin Princess Page
- Fixed all the dozens of errors that happened after a computer crash I had
last year - most of the site should now work but please let me know of any
- MX-5 Running Report updated.
- Updated my site to mark the end of production of the Mini - on October 4th
2000 after 41 years in full-time production. The Mini is dead, long
live the Mini!
- Updated my site to reflect the fact that my sexist
adverts page got a whole column devoted to it in the October 4th issue
- Mini Clan Go Dutch - Photo
& Story added (work in progress) of one of the best holidays I've ever
had with the Mini Clan in Holland.
- Sorry, work commitments are keeping me from working on the site...please
watch this space!
- New QE2 News and Reviews.
- New Banner heading...no one liked the last one!
- Updated Mini Links
- Removed Mini News, because Mini World's News is so much better & more
up to date!
- You can now easily join the Liners mailing List from my liners
- Mini Clan Skiing Trip write-up
with cool photos!
- Charlie news in My Minis
- New links to the new Mini Clan sites.
- Have finally updated the photo of me on the "About Me"
page following numerous comments about the fact that I actually have hair in the old
- The Borders Run added to Scottish Events page
- Photos from the Scottish Motorshow in Cars
- New cartoons in Chuckles
- New link to great new Mini Comic Strip site - Snorty
- New/Improved Mini Links pages
- News & Photo of the Queen Mary 2
- New photos of me on the Cobbler in July in About Me
- Brand New spy-photos of the Millenium Mini!
- New QE2 Crossing Review Added
- (21st) New Mini feature - Why you should buy a 1997
- Mini News,
Scottish Mini Events page
- I've finally done it! I've got my own domain name - roblightbody.com - use it for
email and www from now on!
- New Mini Links and Liner
- New Aquatania Page.
- Added MX5 to my dream cars page.
- Added Mini"40 information and more!
- Bookshop now includes links to amazon.com as well as amazon.co.uk to cater for American,
international and UK customers.
- New Mailing list feature added! Join the mailing
list today! (link at top of page!)
- I've been featured on American Television's ZDTV and on the Electronic Telegraph!
See links on Mini page.
- Mini Book Shop
- Revised Voyeurism page with new links including
- Voyeurism page
- Site Move - The CompuServe site proved to be too slow & unreliable with an
unbelievably long URL so I've moved to Tripod - its faster, its free, and it offers
FrontPage support which saves me lots of time!
- New links on the different liners pages.
- Search Facility
- Contents Page
- Scotland Mini meet 1998 photos added.
- New scans of the Mini 2000 countryman and convertible from Auto Express Magazine