What's New ?
My aim is to continually update my page to keep it fresh & interesting.
Please check back regularly to see what I've been up to.
You can now also choose to
add my RSS feed.
January 03, 2013
- Amazing new plans for Hotel QE2 in Dubai, which are delighting
QE2 fans around the world.
Click here for more.
- QE2 to Host fabulous New Year's Party - the first time she's
opened to the public for more than three years! News travels
like wildfire around the world, proving how popular QE2 still is.
- A look back at 2 years of waiting for the poor old QE2 -
- Although the situation with QE2 is unchanged, I have added a
note on the QE2 News 2010 page to say so -
- I captured some wonderful bridgecam pictures from QE2 of her
making a rare stormy transatlantic crossing and arriving in New York
at dawn - with the manhattan skyline over her bow. It was
awesome to watch. I just wish I'd been there.
Click here to view.
- SS Norway / SS France / "Blue Lady" is finally dragged onto the
beach at Alang shipbreakers after a very long struggle.
Link to pictures here.
- 1st - Blue Lady/SS Norway/SS France - the end gets even closer.
- Updated my "sexist Mini Adverts"
page for the first time in about 8 or 9 years. For some reason,
despite never updating this page, its stayed incredibly popular...
- Further to occasional email requests, and many inaccuracies on the
internet, I've created a page detailing
QE2's fuel consumption and MPG.
And yes it does do more than 6 inches per gallon...
- New Queen
Mary link added with pictures of her beautiful original art deco
- New QE2 link added
with pictures and plans of her original layouts.
- Mini Books, Videos, DVDs, Games & Music
- My write up of my Spanish Holiday
in June is finally nearing completion! I thought I'd better do it while
I could still remember what happened...
- Link added to my QE2 News Page with
news of her possibly continuing for another decade!
- Link added to my QM2 page with
Amazing photos of the Queen Mary 2 during her first ever refit at the Blohm &
Voss shipyard in Hamburg.
- Updated my 2004 Mini Cooper Rolling
Report to reflect the fact that in over a year of use there has not been a
single fault with it.
- Link added to QE2 Page of excellent
Blog and Podcast of QE2's historic December 2004 Transatlantic crossing.
- I found a brochure in my old bedroom at my Mum's house from 1989 for the
Mini ERA Turbo so I've scanned
it in and dedicated a page to it.
- 30th - I have a new MINI!
- 12th - Updates to Aquitania and
Transvaal Castle pages.
- 7th - Have added a rant about the Royal Mail -
whose service has made me very angry.
- An amazing exchange added to the
Aquitania page as WW2 veterans meet
up after an initial contact on my website!
- New section - 'The Earth' -
reflecting this most important of my current interests.
- About Me updated
- New posting on the
Aquitania page from an American WW2 veteran who travelled home on her.
- A couple of new 'rants' added.
Sorry for no other updates just now - just been too busy having a life!
- (26th) - Added Boston Globe QM2
- (17th) - Yet more new links added onto
- (14th) - Live reviews from on board during the maiden
voyage available - see my QM2 page for more
- Queen Mary 2 Reviews page
added with 4 reviews - prior to maiden
- Queen Mary 2 Page
updated with links to photos and information about the QM2 arriving in
Southampton for the first time, her naming ceremony and her maiden voyage.
- QE2 page
updated to reflect her new position next to her younger, bigger (tackier?)
- My domain name expires due to incompetence on the part
of NetNames who, despite taking my money a month previously, did not actually
renew my domain until it expired. This left me without my website and
email. I wouldn't mind so much if they were the cheapest!
- Queen Mary 2 photo added to front page, with link to
the French shipyard where she is being constructed added to my
Queen Mary 2 page.
- Scotland page made
slightly less embarrassingly out of date, but most of it is still from 1994!!
- New QE2 Books &
Video Shop page added
- New Queen Mary Book & Video shop
- Mazda Miata/MX-5 / Eunos books all revised and updated!
- Mini books, DVDs and videos added to heavily revised Mini Shop!
- MINI Books added to New Mini page
- Photos of my new nephew Gavin Robert Wilson added to About
- Photo of me on Ben A'an added to About Me
- Website back online following cock-ups on behalf of my Domain Name
provider and ISP.
- My MINI Rolling Report updated to
reflect my breakdown on the motorway!
- Final Entry into Brum's Rolling Report
- he's moved to Skye!
- New page added about new Cunard Ocean Liner - QE3?
- My MINI Rolling Report revised
- Ocean Liner shop Revised & Updated - even includes some videos now!
- www.roblightbody.com is now
finally on a properly managed domain! So no more adverts and tripod
unreliability (but at least it was free)
- JFK Assassination page added (work in
- Added a wee bit about My Friends the Marianos
and a photo too.
- Updated my Brum Running Report again
- Updated my Austin Princess Page
- Fixed all the dozens of errors that happened after a computer crash I had
last year - most of the site should now work but please let me know of any
- MX-5 Running Report updated.
- Updated my site to mark the end of production of the Mini - on October 4th
2000 after 41 years in full-time production. The Mini is dead, long
live the Mini!
- Updated my site to reflect the fact that my sexist
adverts page got a whole column devoted to it in the October 4th issue
- Mini Clan Go Dutch - Photo
& Story added (work in progress) of one of the best holidays I've ever
had with the Mini Clan in Holland.
- Sorry, work commitments are keeping me from working on the site...please
watch this space!
- New QE2 News and Reviews.
- New Banner heading...no one liked the last one!
- Updated Mini Links
- Removed Mini News, because Mini World's News is so much better & more
up to date!
- You can now easily join the Liners mailing List from my liners
- Mini Clan Skiing Trip write-up
with cool photos!
- Charlie news in My Minis
- New links to the new Mini Clan sites.
- Have finally updated the photo of me on the "About Me"
page following numerous comments about the fact that I actually have hair in the old
- The Borders Run added to Scottish Events page
- Photos from the Scottish Motorshow in Cars
- New cartoons in Chuckles
- New link to great new Mini Comic Strip site - Snorty
- New/Improved Mini Links pages
- News & Photo of the Queen Mary 2
- New photos of me on the Cobbler in July in About Me
- Brand New spy-photos of the Millenium Mini!
- New QE2 Crossing Review Added
- (21st) New Mini feature - Why you should buy a 1997
- Mini News,
Scottish Mini Events page
- I've finally done it! I've got my own domain name - roblightbody.com - use it for
email and www from now on!
- New Mini Links and Liner
- New Aquatania Page.
- Added MX5 to my dream cars page.
- Added Mini"40 information and more!
- Bookshop now includes links to amazon.com as well as amazon.co.uk to cater for American,
international and UK customers.
- New Mailing list feature added! Join the mailing
list today! (link at top of page!)
- I've been featured on American Television's ZDTV and on the Electronic Telegraph!
See links on Mini page.
- Mini Book Shop
- Revised Voyeurism page with new links including
- Voyeurism page
- Site Move - The CompuServe site proved to be too slow & unreliable with an
unbelievably long URL so I've moved to Tripod - its faster, its free, and it offers
FrontPage support which saves me lots of time!
- New links on the different liners pages.
- Search Facility
- Contents Page
- Scotland Mini meet 1998 photos added.
- New scans of the Mini 2000 countryman and convertible from Auto Express Magazine